- But if that was the case, Hans Castorp thought, how did that square with "anonymous and communal"—just to select one of the many contradictions?6.6 - Operationes Spirituales (94% in)
- Fine, we send the fellow, or the lady, whichever, a potted plant for his or her room, a little thoughtful remembrance from two anonymous colleagues, along with best wishes for recovery—which is, one would hope, always a courteous thing to do.5.8 - Danse Macabre (26% in)
- There is no miracle-worker, no Mr. Individual Creator behind it—it is an anonymous, communal work of art.6.3 - The City of God and Evil Deliverance (27% in)
- And just before that you mentioned 'anonymous and communal,' which also appears worth some serious thought.6.3 - The City of God and Evil Deliverance (28% in)
- So it's both anonymous and communal," Hans Castorp said.6.3 - The City of God and Evil Deliverance (69% in)
- We dream anonymously and communally, though each in his own way... The great soul, of which we are just a little piece, dreams through us so to speak, dreams in our many different ways its own eternal, secret dream—about its youth, its hope, its joy, its peace, and its bloody feast.6.7 - Snow (89% in)
There are no more uses of "anonymous" in The Magic Mountain.
Typical Usage (best examples)