used in The Adventures of Augie March
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
allowing passage through a barrier
The barrier can be physical or figurative — such as:
- a membrane, asphalt or other material that is full of tiny holes that permit penetration by a fluid or gas
- a border or other barrier that is not effective (for example, permitting illegal crossing)
- an ineffective sports defense
- a law or other rule that is full of loopholes
- And in this porous dryness, a pair of whity eyes fearing the worst, and a punch-formed nose.
Chapter 6 (17% in)
There are no more uses of "porous" in The Adventures of Augie March.