(click/touch triangles for details)
- He was a man who needed someone beside him continually; the things that had to be done for him made him autocratic.Chapter 5 (19% in)
- She was as wrinkled as an old paper bag, an autocrat, hard-shelled and Jesuitical, a pouncy old hawk of a Bolshevik, her small ribboned gray feet immobile on the shoekit and stool Simon had made in the manual-training class, dingy old wool Winnie whose bad smell filled the flat on the cushion beside her.Chapter 1 (37% in)
- Selfish, jealous, autocratic, carp-mouth, and hypocritical.Chapter 6 (73% in)
- Also his face was larger, and rude, autocratic.Chapter 21 (13% in)
- Nevertheless, with his autocratic blue eyes darkening, he looked at me and asked, "Augie, you don't think you're superior to me because you have no money, do you?"Chapter 21 (17% in)
There are no more uses of "autocracy" in The Adventures of Augie March.
Typical Usage (best examples)