(click/touch triangles for details)
- When I stare at them with the rainy-season light in my eyes and Congo grit in my teeth, I can hardly recollect the place where such items were commonplace, merely a yellow pencil, merely a green bottle of aspirin among so many other green bottles upon a high shelf.Book 1 — Genesis (10% in)
- But he assured us that many people in Kilanga remembered the missionary times, when Brother Fowles had gotten practically the whole town praying to Jesus, and it was their recollection that the gods hadn't been too angry over it, since no more bad things had happened in Kilanga than usual.Book 2 — Revelation (47% in)
- I have no recollection of arriving in Bulungu.Book 5 — Exodus (9% in)
- I have only the haziest recollection of waving at my mother and sister in a rising cloud of diesel exhaust and mosquitoes as they began their slow, permanent exodus from the Congo.Book 5 — Exodus (13% in)
- I could recollect having promised some God or other, more than once, that if I could only have Anatole back I would never ask for another thing on this earth.Book 5 — Exodus (94% in)
There are no more uses of "recollect" in The Poisonwood Bible.
Typical Usage (best examples)