(click/touch triangles for details)
- He warned Mother not to flout God's Will by expecting too much for us.Book 1 — Genesis (66% in)
- The Southern Baptist Mission League gave us this hint, without coming right out and telling us to flout the law of the forty-four pounds, and from there we made our plan.Book 1 — Genesis (11% in)
- I was shocked and frightened to see her flout Father's authority, but truthfully, I could feel something similar moving around in my own heart.Book 3 — Judges (41% in)
- Father informed her that God showed no mercy upon those who flouted their elders, and that he, Reverend Price, had washed his hands of her moral education.Book 4 — Bel and the Serpent (68% in)
- One mouth closed on a spoon meant two crying empty, feathers flying, so I dashed back and forth like a mother bird, flouting nature's maw with a brood too large.Book 5 — Exodus (1% in)
There are no more uses of "flout" in The Poisonwood Bible.
Typical Usage (best examples)