used in The Poisonwood Bible
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
not active or growing, but capable of doing so in the future
in various senses, including:
- a volcano that is not erupting and not extinct
- a plant not growing in the winter
- a disease that is not currently causing harm or growing worse, but which is not cured and might grow worse in the future
- a person's talents or feelings that are yet to be realized
- Mosquitoes that had lain dormant through the long drought now hatched and rose from the forest floor in clouds so thick they filled our mouths and nostrils.
Book 5 — Exodus (7% in)
There are no more uses of "dormant" in The Poisonwood Bible.