(click/touch triangles for details)
- "We're cultivating the soil, sister," he said.Book 1 — Genesis (43% in)
- How did this curse come to me, when it's God's own will to cultivate the soil!"Book 1 — Genesis (45% in)
- It comes from a stupendous tuber, which the women cultivate and dig from the ground, soak in the river, dry in the sun, pound to white powder in hollowed-out logs, and boil.Book 2 — Revelation (6% in)
- And he stays, cultivating me like a small inheritance of land where his future resides.Book 5 — Exodus (14% in)
- She took up a hoe instead, and began to put every square inch of her sandy two-acre rented lot under cultivation: peanuts, sweet potatoes, and four dozen kinds of flowers.Book 5 — Exodus (20% in)
There are no more uses of "cultivate" in The Poisonwood Bible.
Typical Usage (best examples)