- Mr. Bumble watches her as if he's appraising a piece of land he might buy.Chapter 29 (7% in)
- She'd taken a long, appraising look at me, with my freckled skin and unruly mane of red hair, my sullen face, and decided that a proper finishing school was what was needed if I was ever to make a decent marriage.Chapter 3 (5% in)
- Miss Moore appraises me.Chapter 6 (74% in)
- "Our mysterious Gemma," Felicity says, appraising me a bit too closely for comfort.Chapter 20 (53% in)
- Mrs. Nightwing appraises Pippa during our free time.Chapter 28 (78% in)
There are no more uses of "appraise" in A Great and Terrible Beauty.
Typical Usage (best examples)