used in BoneMan's Daughters
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
something developed from something else
in various senses, including:
- a word based on another word — as in "Quickly is a derivative of quick."
- a mathematical value from a function — as in "We can derive X from Y," or "X is a derivative of Y."
- a type of investment whose value is based on another value — as in "We provide various derivatives that can protect against inflation."
- a work of art such as a film or painting that lacks ideas not previously expressed in other works of art — as in "Her work is too derivative to interest me."
- work based upon or influenced by prior work — as in "The book surveys psychological ideas derivative of, but not totally dependent on B.F. Skinner."
- A derivative of Elizabeth.
Chapter 29 (51% in)
There are no more uses of "derivative" in BoneMan's Daughters.