- I was determined to be a doctor, and if I didn't go to university this year, there would be another year.Book 3 — Rachel Pritchard (34% in)
- I was determined to run away.Book 1 — Rachel Sheridan (90% in)
- On this day, after hearing that Mr. Pritchard might have been sent to Africa as a result of some mischief, I determined to work out a plan for my arrival.Book 2 — Valerie Pritchard (9% in)
- Later you and I will determine what birds built them.Book 2 — Valerie Pritchard (79% in)
- Though he had not sent for them, the Pritchards accompanied me, determined not to let me out of their sight.Book 2 — Valerie Pritchard (81% in)
- After my initial shock I scoured the grasses, determined to find some evidence that Tumaini had existed, but the only proof I found were the crosses that marked my parents' graves and the graves of Kanoro's father and the missionary.Book 3 — Rachel Pritchard (82% in)
There are no more uses of "determine" in Listening for Lions.
Typical Usage (best examples)