(click/touch triangles for details)
- Thither I will not go, I loathe the place.
- Vainly I have aspired too high; I'm on a level but with such as thou; Me the great spirit scorn'd, defied; Nature from me herself doth hide; Rent is the web of thought; my mind Doth knowledge loathe of every kind.
- FAUST I loathe alike their form and features!
- This loathsome cheat, this senseless stuff I've known and hated long enough.
- MARGARET The man who comes with thee, I hate, Yea, in my spirit's inmost depths abhor; As his loath'd visage, in my life before, Naught to my heart e'er gave a pang so great.
- When infamy is newly born, In secret she is brought to light, And the mysterious veil of night O'er head and ears is drawn; The loathsome birth men fain would slay; But soon, full grown, she waxes bold, And though not fairer to behold, With brazen front insults the day: The more abhorrent to the sight, The more she courts the day's pure light.
- I loathe thee!
There are no more uses of "loathe" in Faust -- Part 1 (translated by Theil).
Typical Usage (best examples)