(click/touch triangles for details)
- My fragile suburban mother sat in her good dress on the hot cement, rubbing her chest and trying not to throw up.Chapter Three (93% in)
- The only memory I have of my father expressing physical affection for my mother was a brief kiss as we were dropping him off to catch a suburban limo to the airport, where he would embark on his annual academic trip to Spain.Chapter Three (44% in)
- I kept looking for another job—my journal is full of shoe-store interviews and office-supply-store applications—but like in any suburb during the summer, jobs were scarce once mid-summer hit.Chapter Twelve (6% in)
- Because I grew up in the suburbs.Aftermath (20% in)
- They were recreating the environment they knew best, where their responses to things seemed more natural than they did inside suburban homes scattered across the less lush and green United States.Aftermath (85% in)
There are no more uses of "suburban" in Lucky by Sebold.
Typical Usage (best examples)