used in Lucky by Sebold
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
in keeping with; or in agreement/harmony/unity with
This sense of accord
is often seen in the form according to
where it can take on more specific meanings. For example:
- "According to Kim, ..." — as stated by
- "To each according to her ability." — based upon
- "Points are scored according to how well they perform." — depending upon
- "The dose is calculated according to body weight." — in proportion to
- "We got a flat tire. Accordingly, I pulled to the side of the road." — because of what was just said; or as a result
- This was because she was too young, according to the East Whiteland school district, to be in fourth grade.
Chapter Five (66% in)
There are no more uses of "accord" in Lucky by Sebold.