used in Words by Heart
(click/touch triangles for details)
a quick look or partial understanding
The exact meaning of glimpse
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "I caught a glimpse of her when I was walking to class." — a very quick look
- "I glimpsed at the headlines." — looked quickly
- "Reading the book gave me a glimpse of the life of a devout Muslim immigrant in America." — a quick, incomplete view
- She glimpsed Mr. Haney through a break in the bushes.
Seven (95% in)
- Just as she mustered the nerve to tear off a piece to show at home, she glimpsed someone leaning toward her.
Five (83% in)
There are no more uses of "glimpse" in Words by Heart.