- Human speech can thus be built up artificially.eight — Teaching Computers to Speak American (14% in)
- Twenty years later, Gullah has ceased to be a naturally spoken language but is kept going artificially by some as a cultural artifact and a tourist attraction.two — Changing Dialects: Dingbatters Versus Hoi-Toiders (17% in)
- Mencken meant the attempts to render black speech in writing, calling it "a vague and artificial lingo which had little relation to the actual speech of the Southern blacks."six — Bad-mouthing Black English (6% in)
- We had to remember, however, that this was speech not assembled from words previously recorded by a real person but synthesized from artificial components.eight — Teaching Computers to Speak American (16% in)
- Even though people in general like a human voice better than synthetic one, when it's paired with an artificial face, like Baldi's, it triggers feelings of suspicion and worry.eight — Teaching Computers to Speak American (22% in)
There are no more uses of "artificial" in Do You Speak American?.
Typical Usage (best examples)