used in The Horse Whisperer
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
a basic rule or belief
The exact meaning of principle
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "our guiding principles" — basic moral beliefs that guide decisions and behavior
- "electromagnetic principles" — rules describing how the world works
- "She lacks principles." — lacks moral guidelines
- "We agree in principle." — about important basic beliefs
- And though on principle he had never yet stayed more than the one night, his departure the next day had gradually got later.
Thirty-six (76% in)
There are no more uses of "principle" in The Horse Whisperer.