(click/touch triangles for details)
- The night air was hot and damp and clamorous with insects and Annie could see the lights of the town twinkling far across the water.Two (2% in)
- The children sat at one end of the table and the clamor they made was so loud that the adults at the other had to strain to hear themselves talk.Seventeen (74% in)
- Robert had brought along some binoculars and they watched for ten minutes or more, the kids all clamoring for their turn.Twenty-nine (32% in)
- Then they heard a high-pitched clamor of screams and knew it was horses.Thirty-five (60% in)
- Their clamor echoed back at them from the walls, only to redouble their fear.Thirty-five (73% in)
There are no more uses of "clamor" in The Horse Whisperer.
Typical Usage (best examples)