used in The Chocolate War
(click/touch triangles for details)
a quick look or partial understanding
The exact meaning of glimpse
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "I caught a glimpse of her when I was walking to class." — a very quick look
- "I glimpsed at the headlines." — looked quickly
- "Reading the book gave me a glimpse of the life of a devout Muslim immigrant in America." — a quick, incomplete view
- But it was only a brief glimpse.
Chapter 34 (54% in)
- His face was always under control but his eyes showed his vulnerability, gave Jerry a glimpse into the hell that was burning inside the teacher.
Chapter 18 (55% in)
There are no more uses of "glimpse" in The Chocolate War.