used in The Chocolate War
(click/touch triangles for details)
attempted to do too much
The exact meaning of overextended
depends upon the context. For example:
- "She overextended herself when she bought the car." — took on too much debt or fixed expense
- "The army is overextended." — trying to do too much
- "She overextended the ladder." — made it too long
- "She overextended her shoulder." — stretched or reached too far
- "She overextended her stay with her brother." — stayed too long
- "While playing chess, she overextended her bishop." — moved it beyond a safe limit
- That he'd overextended the school's finances.
Chapter 24 (33% in)
- That was his exact word, 'overextended.'
Chapter 24 (34% in)
There are no more uses of "overextended" in The Chocolate War.