(click/touch triangles for details)
- A summons from The Vigils.Chapter 12 (99% in)
- He dreaded a summons from Brother Leon, wondering if he could stand up under questioning, whether he could look into those moist eyes of Brother Leon's and actually lie to him.Chapter 13 (31% in)
- In bed once more, Jerry lay without moving, trying to summon sleep.Chapter 18 (88% in)
- The summons looked like a ransom note— letters cut out of a newspaper or magazine. vlgiL MeEtinG tWO-THirTy.Chapter 25 (0% in)
- He struck Jerry with all the force he could summon, the impact of the blow coming from his feet, up through his legs and thighs, the trunk of his body, the power pulsing through his body like some elemental force until it erupted through his arm, exploding into his fist.Chapter 37 (32% in)
There are no more uses of "summon" in The Chocolate War.
Typical Usage (best examples)