used in The Color Purple
(click/touch triangles for details)
enhance growth or development
in various senses, including:
- to grow crops or prepare land for them
- enhance a relationship — especially for a purpose
- develop discernment (better recognition of differences) in taste or judgment
- to grow a culture in a petri dish
- And so she cultivated a pious interest in heathens.
cultivated = developed
- As his greed increased he also began to cultivate the land on which the roofleaf grew.
There are no more uses of "cultivate" in The Color Purple.