(click/touch triangles for details)
- Most conspicuously, in virtually the central spot of the otherwise empty and highly polished floor, lay the dustpan Miss Kenton had alluded to.2m — Day 2 - Morning (14% in)
- I've thought about virtually nothing else for the past month.2m — Day 2 - Morning (59% in)
- But on that first night, Lord Halifax had arrived in a mood of great wariness; virtually his first words on being shown in were: "Really, Darlington, I don't know what you've put me up to here.3m — Day 3 - Morning (52% in)
- Herr Ribbentrop's been able virtually to bypass our foreign office altogether.4a — Day 4 - Afternoon (84% in)
- Really, Mrs Benn, afterwards, well, his lordship was virtually an invalid.6e — Day 6 - Evening (29% in)
There are no more uses of "virtual" in The Remains of the Day.
Typical Usage (best examples)