(click/touch triangles for details)
- Since this allegation falls very directly into my own realm, I am able to refute it with absolute authority.3e — Day 3 - Evening (0% in)
- Not only was it alleged that the manoeuvre had been a most un-British attack on civilian Boer settlements, overwhelming evidence emerged that it had been irresponsibly commanded with several floutings of elementary military precautions, so that the men who had died - my brother among them - had died quite needlessly.1e — Day 1 - Evening (81% in)
- And the allegation that his lordship never allowed Jewish people to enter the house or any Jewish staff to be employed is utterly unfounded - except, perhaps, in respect to one very minor episode in the thirties which has been blown up out of all proportion.3m — Day 3 - Morning (69% in)
- One really cannot guess the reason for these absurd allegations - unless, quite ludicrously, they originate from that brief, entirely insignificant few weeks in the early thirties when Mrs Carolyn Barnet came to wield an unusual influence over his lordship.3e — Day 3 - Evening (1% in)
- And it was during those same weeks that those entirely untypical incidents took place at Darlington Hall which must, one supposes, have provided what flimsy basis exists for these absurd allegations.3e — Day 3 - Evening (2% in)
There are no more uses of "allege" in The Remains of the Day.
Typical Usage (best examples)