(click/touch triangles for details)
- Her face is calm, waiting, a little detached without being bemused.Chapter 1 (84% in)
- She revealed the terrible and impersonal curiosity of a child about forbidden subjects and objects; that rapt and tireless and detached interest of a surgeon in the physical body and its possibilities.Chapter 12 (7% in)
- She said, in a tone musing, detached, impersonal: "A full measure.Chapter 12 (33% in)
- He did not glare; it was again that cold and detached expression with which he had looked at the legion commander.Chapter 19 (51% in)
- They now had a profound and bleak gravity as they stood where crowds milled, grave, austere, detached, looking with. blank, bleak eyes at the slow throngs who, feeling, sensing without knowing, drifted before them, slowing, staring, so that they would be ringed with faces rapt and empty and immobile as the faces of cows, approaching and drifting on, to be replaced.Chapter 19 (66% in)
There are no more uses of "detach" in Light in August.
Typical Usage (best examples)