(click/touch triangles for details)
- So he preached to them, as he had always preached: with that rapt fury which they had considered sacrilege and which those from the other churches believed to be out and out insanity.Chapter 3 (62% in)
- ...forgot that he ever had a wife, up there in the pulpit with his hands flying around him and the dogma he was supposed to preach all full of galloping cavalry and defeat and glory just as when he tried to tell them on the street about the galloping horses, it in turn would get all mixed up with absolution and choirs of martial seraphim, until it was natural that the old men and women should believe that what he preached in God's own house on God's own day verged on actual sacrilege.Chapter 3 (28% in)
- Sacrilege.Chapter 6 (98% in)
- Do you think it was just chanceso that the Madam should have been away that night and give them young sluts the chance and call to name him Christmas in sacrilege of My son?Chapter 16 (70% in)
- That was where his disapproval of slavery lay, and of his lusty and sacrilegious father.Chapter 20 (27% in)
There are no more uses of "sacrilege" in Light in August.
Typical Usage (best examples)