used in Interview with the Vampire
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
to take on as one's own
The exact meaning of adopt
depends upon its context. For example:
- "adopt a child" — to legally take on parental responsibilities for another person's child
- "adopt a plan" — to accept or begin to use something
- "adopt a pet" — to take in a pet — especially one from an animal shelter
- "Congress adopted the resolution." — had a formal vote and passed
- "adopted a confident attitude" — took on or displayed
- And then this vampire, still holding the mask before his face, adopted marvelously the attitude of resting his weight against a painted silken tree, as if he were falling gently to sleep.
Part 3 (14% in)
There are no more uses of "adopt" in Interview with the Vampire.