used in Interview with the Vampire
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
a basic rule or belief
The exact meaning of principle
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "our guiding principles" — basic moral beliefs that guide decisions and behavior
- "electromagnetic principles" — rules describing how the world works
- "She lacks principles." — lacks moral guidelines
- "We agree in principle." — about important basic beliefs
- Lestat thought the best color at all times for vampires was black, possibly the only aesthetic principle he steadfastly maintained, but he wasn't opposed to anything which smacked of style and excess.
Part 1 (62% in)
There are no more uses of "principle" in Interview with the Vampire.