- There was a soft, pathetic tone to his voice as he spoke these words.Part 2 (31% in)
- How pathetic it is to describe these things which can't truly be described," he said, his voice loci almost to a whisper.Part 1 (11% in)
- As before, his ferocity was mysterious, but now I bared my fangs on the humans who fled from me, my steady advance overcoming their clumsy, pathetic speed as the veil of death descended, or the veil of madness.Part 1 (35% in)
- She began to shake her mother now and to cry in the most pathetic and desperate way; and then she looked at me again and burst into the greatest flow of tears.Part 1 (46% in)
- Here was the sun high above us and not a cloud in the sky, and all of them standing around, holding onto one another now, and even that pathetic woman ....'Part 2 (43% in)
- But she was gone from me into the arms of Madeleine, who enfolded her desperately, as if she might protect Claudia from me-the irony of it, the pathetic irony-protect Claudia from herself.Part 3 (50% in)
There are no more uses of "pathetic" in Interview with the Vampire.
Typical Usage (best examples)