(click/touch triangles for details)
- But I stayed with Lestat because I was afraid he did know essential secrets as a vampire which I could not discover alone and, more important, because he was the only one of my kind whom I knew.Part 1 (39% in)
- To divesting my closets and trunks of everything that was not essential to me.Part 1 (94% in)
- And very little was essential to me, really.Part 1 (94% in)
- All was embraced by her, by her volatile and enchanted populace thronging the galleries, the theaters, the cafes, giving birth over and over to genius and sanctity, philosophy and war, frivolity and the finest art; so it seemed that if all the world outside her were to sink into darkness, what was fine, what was beautiful, what was essential might there still come to its finest flower.Part 3 (1% in)
- This distracted me while at the same time I was powerfully attracted by it, as I was by this room, its simplicity, its rich, w combination of essentials: the books, the desk, the two chairs by the fire, the coffin, the pictures.Part 3 (26% in)
There are no more uses of "essential" in Interview with the Vampire.
Typical Usage (best examples)