(click/touch triangles for details)
- And there suddenly, I saw something which startled me, gathering out of the gloom first as a hideous mask, then becoming its three-dimensional reality: a weathered skull.Part 1 (71% in)
- I was seeing him sunk deep among the roots of cypress and oak, that hideous withered form folded in the white sheet.Part 1 (96% in)
- His skin was a mass of scars, a hideous covering of injured flesh, as though every wrinkle of his 'death' had left its mark upon him.Part 1 (99% in)
- The two huge eyes bulged from naked sockets and two small, hideous holes made up his nose; only a putrid, leathery flesh enclosed his skull, and the rank, rotting rags that covered his frame were thick with earth and slime and blood.Part 2 (75% in)
- A bell tolled over the endless hell of scorched and smoking land, towards which great armies of men came with the hideous, mindless march of soldiers to a massacre.Part 3 (21% in)
There are no more uses of "hideous" in Interview with the Vampire.
Typical Usage (best examples)