- He shuddered violently, eyes closed, his throat seeming to contract.Part 4 (45% in)
- All of this light coalesced and began to shimmer, as though a golden presence hovered above me, suspended in the stairwell, softly entangled with the railings, curling and contracting like smoke.Part 1 (10% in)
- His body elongated, his feet moved out over the bare boards and then contracted.Part 1 (61% in)
- I could feel the fever for the kill rising in me, a knot of hunger in my insides, a throbbing in the temples, as if the veins were contracting and my body might become a map of tortured vessels.Part 1 (77% in)
- As she moved back from the vampire, I saw the tears standing in her eyes like glass in the flicker of the lights, and I felt my spirit contract in fear for her, and in longing.Part 3 (15% in)
There are no more uses of "contract" in Interview with the Vampire.
Typical Usage (best examples)