- Note, once again, the admirable work of our Philological Arm in substituting the negative unselfishness for the Enemy's positive Charity.Chapter 26 (12% in)
- They will positively encourage him to think about realities he can't touch and see.Chapter 1 (87% in)
- He can be made to take a positive pleasure in the perception that the two sides of his life are inconsistent.Chapter 10 (69% in)
- In other words you allowed him two real positive Pleasures.Chapter 13 (24% in)
- Without that the variety of usage within the Church of England might have become a positive hotbed of charity and humility, Your affectionate uncle SCREWTAPEChapter 16 (99% in)
- She is a positive terror to hostesses and servants.Chapter 17 (19% in)
There are no more uses of "positive" in The Screwtape Letters.
Typical Usage (best examples)