- Or do you not realise that the patient's death, at this moment, is precisely what we want to avoid?Chapter 28 (13% in)
- Of course, at the precise moment of terror, bereavement, or physical pain, you may catch your man when his reason is temporarily suspended.Chapter 5 (95% in)
- There are some to whom "no passion is as serious as lust" and for whom an indecent story ceases to produce lasciviousness precisely in so far as it becomes funny: there are others in whom laughter and lust are excited at the same moment and by the same things.Chapter 11 (45% in)
- Your efforts to instil either vainglory or false modesty into the patient will therefore be met from the Enemy's side with the obvious reminder that a man is not usually called upon to have an opinion of his own talents at all, since he can very well go on improving them to the best of his ability without deciding on his own precise niche in the temple of Fame.Chapter 14 (86% in)
- What you want is to keep a sly self-congratulation mixing with all his thoughts and never allow him to raise the question "What, precisely, am I congratulating myself about?"Chapter 24 (81% in)
There are no more uses of "precise" in The Screwtape Letters.
Typical Usage (best examples)