used in Queen of Babble
(click/touch triangles for details)
a basic rule or belief
The exact meaning of principle
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "our guiding principles" — basic moral beliefs that guide decisions and behavior
- "electromagnetic principles" — rules describing how the world works
- "She lacks principles." — lacks moral guidelines
- "We agree in principle." — about important basic beliefs
- Shari says I was compromising my feminist principles, doing that.
- You're compromising your feminist principles."
- "I don't think it's compromising your feminist principles," Jean-Luc says, "to want to stay close to someone you really love."
There are no more uses of "principle" in Queen of Babble.