used in City of Bones
(click/touch triangles for details)
in various senses, including:
- to say something is not true — as in "She contradicted his testimony."
- to say something else is true when both can't be true — as in "I don't believe her. She contradicted herself as she told us what happened."
- to be in conflict with — as in "Her assertions contradict accepted scientific principles."
- I felt her faith in me was unwarranted, but I was so relieved to see her again that I didn't contradict her.
Chapter 21 (44% in)
- "Won't contradict your lies," Clary finished for him bitterly.
Chapter 22 (3% in)
There are no more uses of "contradict" in City of Bones.