- "I want you to go somewhere with me," she said abruptly.Epilogue (84% in)
- The bouncer shrugged, abruptly bored.Chapter 1 (7% in)
- Hodge jerked upright, so abruptly that Hugo, who had been resting comfortably on his shoulder, launched himself into the air with an irritable caw.Chapter 5 (83% in)
- "If we catch Valentine," she asked abruptly, "can we kill him?"Chapter 22 (18% in)
- "How long have you been the clan leader?" she asked abruptly.Chapter 22 (36% in)
There are no more uses of "abrupt" in City of Bones.
Typical Usage (best examples)