used in The Hunger Games
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
most important; or person who is most important
The exact meaning of principal
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "the principal idea" or "the principal performer" — the most important
- "the principal of the school" — the person in charge
- "a principal of a company" — an owner or person with controlling authority
- "the principal in a transaction" (as contrasted to the agent) — the person on whose behalf an agent acts
- For the opening ceremonies, you're supposed to wear something that suggests your district's principal industry.
There are no more uses of "principal" in The Hunger Games.