All 15 Uses of
The Hunger Games
- Your mentor has a lot to learn about presentation.
p. 46..6mentor = experienced advisor
- You know your mentor is your lifeline to the world in these Games.
- For a few moments, Peeta and I take in the scene of our mentor trying to rise out of the slippery vile stuff from his stomach.
- We will be free to travel from area to area as we choose, per our mentor's instructions.
- You can tell her mentor didn't have any trouble coming up with an angle for her.
- Can't have you following in your mentor's footsteps.
- The crowd slows our entourages of stylists and mentors and chaperones, so we have only each other for company.
p. 134..5mentors = people who advise less experienced people
- As my mentor, he gets to control the flow of gifts from the sponsors.
p. 168..4mentor = experienced advisor
- If a mentor mistreats his tributes, he'll be held accountable by the viewers, by the people back in District 12.
- He worked it out with our mentor.
- He's at something of a disadvantage because most mentors have a partner, another victor to help them whereas Haymitch has to be ready to go into action at any moment.
p. 305..5mentors = people who advise less experienced people
- It must be hell to mentor two kids and then watch them die.
p. 306..8 *mentor = provide guidance to someone less experienced
- To mentor the girl from District 12.
p. 306..9mentor = advise
- First the prep team, followed by the escort, the stylist, the mentor, and finally the victor.
p. 356..1mentor = experienced advisor
- Only this year, with two victors who share both an escort and a mentor, the whole thing has had to be rethought.
(mentor) someone who guides and advises another who is less experienced; or the act of providing such guidance