used in Outliers
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
in various senses, including:
- doubtful that something should be relied upon — as in "The argument relies on a dubious assumption."
- doubtful that something is morally proper — as in "The company is accused of using dubious sales practices to influence minors."
- bad or of questionable value — as in "The state has the dubious distinction of the highest taxes."
- doubtful or uncertain — as in "She is dubious about making the change."
- We allege criminal misconduct; we shout about antitrust; we sue for ancient and dubious liabilities.
Chapter 5 (23% in)
dubious = doubtful
There are no more uses of "dubious" in Outliers.