used in Black: The Birth of Evil
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
to control, prevent, or make less intense — sometimes through force
The exact meaning of subdue
depends upon its context. For example:
- "subdued a nation" — defeated militarily and brought under control
- "subdued the fever" — made it less intense or defeated it
- "subdued her enthusiasm" — made it less intense
- "subdued her fears" — made them less intense or overcame them
- "subdued my emotions" — kept them under control
- "subdued the crowd" — quieted or controlled it
- Do you know what it would take to subdue the earth?
Chapter 13 (62% in)
There are no more uses of "subdue" in Black: The Birth of Evil.