used in The Sea of Monsters
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
to call upon
The exact meaning of invoke
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "invoking God's help"; or "invoking the spirit of the dead" — to call upon a great or magical power
- "I invoke the First Amendment"; or "I invoke the words of Thomas Jefferson" — to cite or call upon for validation
- "She invoked his sympathy and family memories." — to call upon someone's feelings or memories
- "She invoked his assistance." — to call earnestly for
- "The program invokes the subroutine" — to call up a computer program
- "Do not invoke the titan lord's name, Percy.
Chapter 5 (23% in)
There are no more uses of "invoke" in The Sea of Monsters.