used in The Sea of Monsters
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
get rid of things thought undesirable
The exact meaning of purge
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "purge the government of our enemies" — get rid of people for political reasons
- "purge my closet of everything I haven't worn in a year" — get rid of undesired things
- "To purge yourself of crippling sorrow, you'll need to express it." — get rid of unwanted feelings
- "I'm doing a 24-hour purge and then starting a new diet." — emptying the intestinal tract
- And poison was not the only thing it purged.
Chapter 20 (80% in)
There are no more uses of "purge" in The Sea of Monsters.