used in The Lightning Thief
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
to move away or diminish (become less)
The exact meaning of recede
depends upon its context. For example:
- "We can't move back in until the floodwaters recede." — diminish and move away
- "Her fear receded." — diminished
- "The waves first advance and then recede." — move away
- "The news story receded into the background as it was replaced by new stories." — received diminished attention
- "a receding hairline" — diminished hair (each year the line where hair stops growing is higher)
- And the water behind me seemed to recede.
Chapter 20 (74% in)
There are no more uses of "recede" in The Lightning Thief.