used in The Lightning Thief
(click/touch triangles for details)
a period of testing (especially of person)
in various senses, including:
- a period during which a criminal does not have to be in prison as long as they demonstrate good behavior and obey special restrictions
- a period during which a new employee is tried out on the job and during which the employee does not have all the privileges of a regular employee
- a period during which a student's grades or behavior must improve to prevent being kicked out of school
- Anyway, Nancy Bobofit was throwing wads of sandwich that stuck in his curly brown hair, and she knew I couldn't do anything back to her because I was already on probation.
Chapter 1 (18% in)
- You're already on probation," he reminded me.
Chapter 1 (20% in)
There are no more uses of "probation" in The Lightning Thief.