(click/touch triangles for details)
- Intermittently he removed his gold spectacles, wiping them absently, gripping the frames as if the pressure controlled his irritation.Chapter 7 (96% in)
- Intermittent whistles of fishing boats clashed with the incessant screeching of the gulls; together they formed the universal sounds of the waterfront.Chapter 1 (33% in)
- The woman stared at him, the bridge of hostile silence accentuated by the hum of the large, dimly lit, candelabraed room and the intermittent eruptions of quiet laughter from the nearby tables.Chapter 17 (3% in)
- There he was, crossing from one group to another, the white chin beard a beacon, switching on and off as it was intermittently blocked by figures nearer the windows.Chapter 24 (61% in)
- It was there at the bottom of the hill and it was moving up and down, intermittently swinging back at the gates as though the holder were concerned that someone might appear.Chapter 32 (51% in)
There are no more uses of "intermittent" in The Bourne Identity.
Typical Usage (best examples)