- But it was not easy to carry out the resolution never to approach her.4 — The Consequence (3% in)
- A resolution which had surprised herself had brought her into the fields this week for the first time during many months.2 — Maiden No More (62% in)
- Even the "good old family" (to use a favourite phrase of a late local worthy) had no aroma for him unless there were good new resolutions in its representatives.3 — The Rally (31% in)
- Resolutions, reticences, prudences, fears, fell back like a defeated battalion.3 — The Rally (97% in)
- The struggle was so fearful; her own heart was so strongly on the side of his—two ardent hearts against one poor little conscience— that she tried to fortify her resolution by every means in her power.4 — The Consequence (32% in)
There are no more uses of "resolution" in Tess of the d'Urbervilles.
Typical Usage (best examples)