(click/touch triangles for details)
- The phenomenon has most reliably been reported in times of crisis or in stress situations,
phenomenon = something seen that is considered extraordinary
- From Ogilvie's Dictionary of Psychic Phenomena: Telekinesis is the ability to move objects or to cause changes in objects by force of the mind.
- The phenomenon has most reliably been reported in times of crisis or in stress situations, when automobiles have been levitated from pinned bodies or debris from collapsed buildings, etc. The phenomenon is often confused with the work of poltergeists, which are playful spirits.
- Morton Cratzchbarken, in an admittedly sensationalized address to The National Colloquium on Psychic Phenomena last year, said that the two most stunning events of the twentieth century have been the assassination of John F. Kennedy in 1963 and the destruction that came to Chamberlain, Maine, in May of 1979.
- 92-93): It is now generally agreed that the TK phenomenon is a genetic-recessive occurrence-but the opposite of a disease like hemophilia, which becomes overt only in males.
- With the TK phenomenon, the male appears to be the carrier; the TK gene may be recessive in the female, but dominates only in the female.
- INVESTIGATION CONCERNING CARIETTA WHITE AND THE SO-CALLED "TK" PHENOMENA CONTINUES AMID PERSISTENT RUMORS THAT AN AUTOPSY ON THE WHITE GIRL HAS UNCOVERED CERTAIN UNUSUAL FORMATIONS IN THE CEREBRUM AND CEREBELLUM OF THE BRAIN.
- The desire among politicians to regard TK as a once-in-a-lifetime phenomenon seems very strong, and while this may be understandable it is not acceptable.
There are no more uses of "phenomenon" in Carrie.
Typical Usage (best examples)