used in Rose Red
(click/touch triangles for details)
most extreme as in final, best, worst, most important, or most fundamental
The exact meaning of ultimate
depends upon its context. For example:
- "the ultimate decision-maker" — the final
- "the ultimate car" — the best
- "the ultimate insult" — the worst
- "the ultimate source" — original or most fundamental
- "the ultimate sacrifice" — most extreme
- He trembled when at night we took to bed and I pressed my warm body against him, only to deny him the ultimate prize.
3 — 1908 (82% in)
- He will come to regret his infidelity, ultimately and forever.
3 — 1908 (33% in)
There are no more uses of "ultimate" in Rose Red.