(click/touch triangles for details)
- With the squeaking of the wagon, we both turned around at once-and I for one was paralyzed by fear.4 — 1909 (80% in)
- The staff has been directed to work around her, to leave her alone, and not to address her unless instructed, for her outbursts are paralyzing.7 — 1915-1916 (30% in)
- In stunned amazement I watch as the overgrowth recedes as quickly as it came, suddenly alive with color and bloom-a paralyzing red of bougainvillea, orchid and, dare I admit it, roses.8 — 1917 (19% in)
- Paralyzed, he stood, flatfooted, as I ran-ran!8 — 1917 (27% in)
- I shouted, quite undignified, until the man, paralyzed with fear, fled from this place, hat in hand.8 — 1917 (80% in)
There are no more uses of "paralysis" in Rose Red.
Typical Usage (best examples)