used in Rose Red
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
to call upon
The exact meaning of invoke
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "invoking God's help"; or "invoking the spirit of the dead" — to call upon a great or magical power
- "I invoke the First Amendment"; or "I invoke the words of Thomas Jefferson" — to cite or call upon for validation
- "She invoked his sympathy and family memories." — to call upon someone's feelings or memories
- "She invoked his assistance." — to call earnestly for
- "The program invokes the subroutine" — to call up a computer program
- But truth be known, it is the Devil, for who else invoked in me such a lie as I told him that night, having never had such visions of him with others.
3 — 1908 (16% in)
There are no more uses of "invoke" in Rose Red.